a month celebrating love and kindness could not have arrived at a better time.
we’re planning to spread as much warmth and goodness around as we possibly can this february, and what better way to start than tasty, heart-shaped hand pies?!
flaky and delicious, with just a handful of easy to find ingredients, we have almost as much fun making these treats as we do eating them and can’t wait to package some up to share some extra sweetness with our loved ones too.
RASPBERRY LEMON HAND PIES
– one box deep dish pie crusts
– 1 cup fresh raspberries
– juice from one lemon
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 2 tbsp melted butter
1. roll out pie crusts and cut into heart shapes with cookie cutter.
2. spread out half of the hearts onto a lined cookie sheet.
3. mix together raspberries, sugar, and 1 tsp lemon juice, and spoon filling onto each heart.
4. top with remaining pastry hearts and press edges with fork to seal edges.
5. bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
6. prepare glaze with powdered sugar, melted butter, and 1 tbsp lemon juice (add a splash of raspberry juice for colour) and drizzle onto hearts.
7. add sprinkles and enjoy!